Essay on Diwali – diwali essay in english 150 words , 500 words ||diwali per nibandh
Diwali is an ancient , annual Hindu festival in India called the Festival of Lights. Before Diwali , people clean and decorate their homes , light up candles and put them around their homes. They have fireworks displays , a family feast and exchange gifts between family and friends.
Essay on Diwali – What is Diwali ?
The word Diwali comes from the Sanskrit words ” Deepavali ” the word Deep means light and the word Avali means continuous line. Diwali is an important religious festival originating in India. Dipawali is celebrated in the month of kartik. It is celebrated in the honour of shri Ram , when he come back to ayodhya after fourteen years people worshipped to Goddess Laxmi – in a this day. Diwali honours the Hindu goddess of wealth , Lakshmi. worshipped Goddes Laxmi.
People often think of Diwali as a Hindu festival , but it is also celebrated by Sikhs and Jains. In India , Diwali is now considered to be more of a national festival , and is enjoyed by most Indians. Diwali is an official holiday in India , Nepal , Sri Lanka , Singapore. We distribute sweets crackers burnt , the towns and villages are decorated with burning tapers whole India celebrates this festival with a great pleasure there is joy everywhere.
Importance of Diwali : The importance or Dipawali is very much new work is began on this day. Monotony of working is changed by this celebration.
Diwali is different from other Hindu festivals in several ways :
- It is a five day festival , while most Hindu festivals are only one or two days long .
- Diwali is celebrated with lights and candles , while other festivals are not.
- Diwali is considered a New Year’s festival , while other Hindu festivals are not .
Lossers or some Evils : Many People play gambling and lose their money. Many children get injuries from burning crackers. The lighting of crackers causes aceident , fire and air pollution.
Conclusion of Diwali essay : Dipawali is very popular in India . After all this India festival is a festival of great importance . This festival brings Light and happineess to all . Every Indian celebrates it with pomp and show.
Essay on Diwali in english 10 lines
- Diwali is one of the most beautiful festival of India.
- It is also known as Deepawali means series of lights.
- Diwali is celebrated as Lord Rama returned to Ayodhya after 14 years of exile.
- It is celebrated in october or November each year.
- This festival marks the victory of light over darkness .
- On this festival people decorated their houses with colourful Diyas , rangoli designs , flowers etc.
- People prepare sweet dishes like Laddus , karanjis , kadboli etc. to eat and distribute them relatives and friends .
- People worship Goddess Laxmi and Lord Ganesha on third day of Diwali.
- Five days of diwali starting from Dhanteras to Bhaidhuj.
- Diwali is the festival of love , Unity , hopes , victory and happiness life.